Wednesday, August 02, 2006

random ramblings and life round-up

So, my life has been busy recently. Good, bad, and the rest, but busy.

I've worked late every day this week. We had a local power outtage on Monday that took all four of our radio stations off the air for almost an hour, and then intermittently for the rest of the day. Yesterday and today, a corporate guy was in to help interview candidates for a new PD and to help fix some problems. So, I sat with him today for about an hour and half and learned a program i didn't know prior. And, I've been getting to know the PD on the country station, and he's a great person who really knows radio and programming and talent.

I have been dating someone for a few months, a friends of a friend. We broke up on Sunday, over the phone. It was the first time in my life where I was glad to hear that it wasn't me, it was him. Because it was. It was also my first "mutual" breakup without acrimony. It just wasn't working, and we both knew it. And, there is no anger, but there is also no point in trying to make something work that isn't, especially if it isn't working in the early stages. He's someone I could see staying in touch with, so I'll try at it.

I'm thinking about doing standup again. 'Cause I really like making people laugh. For this, I need to start writing again, and then i'll try 'em out at Comedy TN open mike night. I've been told over and over again (admittedly, by friends) that my observations and the way I say things is unique and funny. But I haven't been on-stage performing since a bad show in Eugene, so it's a big challenge to myself.

Have you heard about Mel Gibson's spectacular breakdown? I want a t-shirt that says "Sugartits". If you know of one available online, tell me! Otherwise, I have to add it to my list of t-shirts I need made. I'm still searching for a local screenprinter or iron-on t-shirt shop, but I will use the internets if I have to for all my funny things I want to have on a t-shirt.

I'm going away for the weekend, a girl's weekend away with my friend Kiren and a couple of her work girlfriends, organized by her work girlfriend Emily (who was in Belly Dancing classes with us). We're staying in a suite, getting massages, going shopping, and exploring Nashville. Should be fun, and i've been saving up money to do this, so I'm psyched.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure about the sugartits shirt but I do know where you can get a t-shirt that says "Purple Hooters" on front with the drink recipe on back.

---Andersen

Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:54:00 AM  
Blogger alicia said...

what about mel gibson? I haven't been in the flow of news etc - too busy trying to get things together and sell the house etc. and get your sis off to school.
mom

Thursday, August 03, 2006 5:25:00 AM  
Blogger Frank Murphy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 7:52:00 PM  
Blogger Frank Murphy said...

This could be the t-shirt you're looking for:

www.SugarTs.notlong.com

Thursday, August 03, 2006 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger The Big Guy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, August 07, 2006 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger The Big Guy said...

Hope the weekend went well-

By the way- I'm dragging you into this meme, hope you will participate-
(Hopefully some different/creative views from an ex-used-book-store employee...)

http://l2uj.blogspot.com/2006/08/ouch-i-was-tagged-with-meme.html

See ya-

TBG

Monday, August 07, 2006 3:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always make you own shirt with a bedazzler.

---andersen

by the way, don't get you dobbers down sunshine. . .it's bad posture

Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger Frank Murphy said...

There's a spectactular selection of shirt designs at http://www.cafepress.com/buy/sugar+tits

Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know... you could buy one of those embroidery machines and make them all yourself. OOOO...or you could find iron-on alphabets. Am I spending too much time with kids because all I can think of are arts and crafts type things? Have fun on your girls weekend. I am green with envy right now.

Nicole

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home