Saturday, July 29, 2006

sitting in driveways in trucks with boys

I need to write about this while it's still fairly fresh.

I went to Pilates this morning (as I do every Saturday) and had a tougher workout than usual, which is a little odd because it was an intro class, but I've had a stressful work, so I think I had more stuff to work out of my muscles than normal.

After class, I got my weekly cardio by walking to Starbucks to get a drink. I saw a familiar truck in the driveaway, a Chevy with MBY plates. Feeling confident from my workout, I walked up and tapped on the window. And said hi to W and B.

I chatted with them for a bit, but they were heading to the drive through. I went in, got my drink, and came out. They were still in the drive-through lane, so I went up, tapped again, and got in the backseat to talk to them for a minute. We caught up on this and that, and they went to drive me back to my car (at the parking lot in the Pilates studio). We ended up chatting for nearly an hour, catching up on nearly everything. It was funny and fun and pleasant and barely awkward.

I'm not in love with B again. I am over him, 'cause being around him was without too much stress. It was catching up with someone who you used to know who you have stories with, and about whom you are still concerned, but not personally invested.

But it was nice to talk to both of them again. it's like I wrote about a week or two ago, after seeing W's truck... I missed them, honestly.

I don't know. I guess I'm not making much sense now. All I know is, it was nice to catch up with them. And not have the awkward, too much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay jess jess. good times. i think that it was great that you just hung out and caught up. :)

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home