Friday, July 07, 2006

random musings of friday night

an entry my friend Frank Murphy refers to as a "Larry King" style entry...

my brother Marc and I created an entire universe of alternate Pokemon characters when we lived with my folks in Eugene, Oregon.
one recent night (April 5th), Marc and I created a new character, Poke-John. His only expression is the word "dude", pronounced in a variety of ways.

my parents can both text message. my mom uses all caps. my dad will repeat back slang you've used on him (for instance, in April, we had an exchange using the word "peeps"). Parents using slang, even people as plugged into the younger folk as my parents (who are jettisoning their last teenager soon), is always funny.

My parents both also IM all the time. that's how they keep in touch with my siblings.

most phrases, when approached with the right (or "wrong", depending on your perspective, mind) can sound dirty. My friends and I call this "Beavis & Butthead" behavior. Particularly funny when applied to straight-ahead newscasts and sports reports, and really funny if you can get the broadcaster to crack up. i used to make faces at people when they said funny things, but now I text them and point out the funny-dirty words and phrases.

tornadoes, and other severe weather you can be warned of, scare me more than earthquakes. Tornado sirens can go off for hours, and all I can do is sit and freak out. There was one really bad night in April (25th) that the sirens went off for about an hour, and sat on my living room floor and shook and phoned people and freaked out. The tornado siren for my neighborhood has to be mounted RIGHT OUTSIDE my BEDROOM, which is full of windows, which are a no-no to be around in storms. But earthquakes are a whole other thing - they come out of nowhere, you deal with it, and clean up. And build your houses properly, to withstand it.

text messaging is awesome. but you have to be careful not to write essays. they eat up memory. I have a problem deleting text messages, especially the funny ones. so i'm always having to go through and delete enough to save memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home