Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"You're beautifooool!"

Actual scene from today's (first) run to Starbucks.

Dude in parked car: "Happy Fourth of July. How does it feel to be beautiful?"
Me, balancing things in my hand while unlocking car: "I wouldn't know."

I smiled, and told the dude he made my day. It was totally random, and a great bit of cheer.

Then, I got home, walked in the door, and dropped and spilled my Iced Venti (24 ounce) Soy Chai Latte. Which I cleaned up, and then headed back to Starbucks for another. Which they kindly gave me free, with sympathy.

There is this little fella that works at the local Starbucks who is the funniest guy. Jason, I think, and pretty sure he's gay. He also admitted that he used to be a ballet dancer. I like going in and talking to him - he's friendly, funny, and makes me smile. And, he gave me a drink today for free - twice!

Yesterday, T and I went to a movie. We met up at the Malco Paradiso, and saw "The Devil Wears Prada". About two years ago, she lent me the book, and I read it on her recommendation. We ended up in the same exact theatre we were in for the infamous "You are some of the rudest people" incident. (I REALLY need to get those t-shirts made.) We got there early, grabbed seats, and, as other people came in and sat down, that there was no way we would win that title on that day. There were the ladies in their 50's or 60's that decided to sit directly in front of us, even though there were tons of seats available in their chosen row. There were the teenagers that came in chattering and sat directly behind us. And then there was a gaggle of women that came in during the previews, talking to each other and on their phones, and sat in the middle of the row we were in, taking away my purse chair. And the woman who took away my purse chair - texted through the entire movie. There was no way we were winning the rude award yesterday.

Today I got up at 5 am to go into work. On the 4th of July. Because I wasn't sure if my boss had done something which would have affected whether my "best of" segments for the program I produce would have aired. Amazingly enough, he had. So, I double checked everything, and headed back home... and slept until 10 or 11 am.

it's a lazy day, no doubt about it. Saw a few of the riverfront fireworks yesterday. Don't have any big holiday plans today, either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really great when you get a compliment out of the blue. Your pictures prove that you are truly beautiful.

GM Pat

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home