Thursday, July 20, 2006

Radio is a sound salvation

an article, forwarded to me by my friend (and former co-worker), Tonya, with this note:

Take a look at this article about our beloved mistress...
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/20/radio/index.html

makes some damn good points. Heck, I would love to work for a satellite radio station. I've applied before, a few times, to jobs on both networks. Which are both based out of NYC. And which both don't necessarily need people that do what I do (though my skillsets have increased since my last applications).

the state of my chosen industry is considered bleak by many. At least I have my secretarial and writing skills to fall back on. Sadly, as I've noted before, I make more money doing admin or accounting work than I do in radio. So, I've got that going for me...

2 Comments:

Blogger Frank Murphy said...

Thanks for the link to the CNN article. I hope that regular old radio wakes up and realizes that content is king. And by that I mean unique content, not the same tired listen-at-work lite rock songs that you can hear in every city in America. If AM & FM radio put on programs that connect with an audience, they'll have satellite radio beat on price alone.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 2:29:00 PM  
Blogger alicia said...

hear, hear
I get so tired of listening to the same old same old on the radio
we have an independant station out of Boston that plays a good mix of music that I happen to like - wxrv-fm - but even that gets tiresome. I can only take so much NPR lately.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home