Thursday, November 03, 2005

horoscopes are amusing

had to share these. my comments are in italics below each entry.

Daily Sagittarius Forecast
Quickie: Look to a close friendship for the affection and support you need right now.
like, for instance, you, my friends who are reading my blog, and supporting me. Physical affection... well, I miss that aspect of life, but I deal.

Overview: The Universe has arranged an agenda that's just perfect for getting you close -- or closer -- to your current squeeze, as long as you spend some quality time alone. So, make sure that happens.
what current squeeze? my quality time plans for the rest of today are to go pick up my japanese take-out, pay my rent, have a nap, and either watch Joey tonight or head to pilates. All of those, save pilates, are solitary activities. Sorry mr. horoscope.


Daily work (by Astrology.com)
Your sense of confidence is palpable, and those around you will trust your guidance implicitly. It's a good time to exercise your leadership skills and get your organization moving in a new direction.
well, i try. i'm leading the best I can. Getting organized the best I can. It's a battle some days. :)

Monthly career (by Astrology.com)
Let your subconscious do the work for you as the month gets going; you could come up with some very surprising, creative and effective solutions to some sticky work problems on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. For example, you might think, 'What better way to build team morale than by skydiving together?' Or maybe you could get your shyer colleagues to open up -- at a clambake! The 9th, you should share all your ideas as quickly (and succinctly) as possible. The 13th, go outside and play some football -- it'll do wonders for your productivity! The 17th, 'bored' is about the last word in the world that describes how you feel at work (although, unfortunately, 'stressed' could fit pretty well). The 23rd is a great day to travel. The 29th, get back to work -- and let your good ol' subconscious go at it again! It could be a real treat to see what surfaces when you let go a bit.
it's only the 3rd, too early to comment. however, my subconscious has been working overtime for 2-3 months, so i don't know that this is right. hmm...

Daily flirt (by Astrology.com)
You know you're all that, and now the rest of the world is on to your little secret. Bust out in the world and acquire a few sets of digits from the worshipping hotties in the neighborhood.
I am ALL THAT! I have new hair, a great new blue-green sweater on (cheap from Old Navy last week), and a smile that won't quit. I can't imagine where the worshipping neighborhood hotties are, but hey, I'm always game, right?

Daily extended (by Astrology.com)
Go out for breakfast or lunch today, no matter what the weather happens to be like. It's time to mingle. This doesn't necessarily mean you're due for a new romance, but it could. The very least that will happen is that you'll have a wonderful experience with someone near and dear to you. Don't be afraid of scaring anyone off with your extremely blunt sense of humor. Anyone who thinks you're not funny isn't worth your attention, anyway.
amen to that, sister! the scaring people off with my blunt humor is SO me... and, B didn't think I was funny. I make other friends laugh over the phone all the time, so I knew it wasn't me.
In fact, I'm heading out right now to pick up my lunch. Perhaps I'll mingle at the bar of the midtown japanese resto, while I'm picking up my to-go teriyaki and veg sushi. But I'm going solo, so i'm not fully living up to it.

ach, well... just a little humor for now.
will post more later.... I feel like I have an english assignment - I must write to at least one of the story prompts everytime I post, so I can document my life properly.

p.s. I need to get rid of Halloween candies. Am sugar high today, and have been since last Thursday. Candy Corn Rulez!

4 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

I find it interesting that the main men in your life have always seemed to not appreciate your wonderful sense of humor...do you see this pattern? Why do you find yourself attracted to guys who don't appreciate that main quirkiness that so describes you? This should be something to explore about yourself during this man down time...I am curious as to your thoughts

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger alicia said...

I prefer the horrorscopes from the onion, myself. no more accurate, but a heck of a lot funnier.

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with V on this point. You find yourself with "men" who do not appreciate the very qualities that make you special. Why is that, and why do you cycle back into that trend? Explore your feelings, young Skywalker...

Friday, November 04, 2005 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger jess said...

I think that the "men" appreciate the humor at first... but they don't realize that my sense of humor is an on-going process.
i've found, over the years, that guys find my quirkiness is nice in small doses, but overwhelming in day-to-day. And, really, I'm not all that quirky. just... me.

Friday, November 04, 2005 2:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home