Thursday, December 01, 2005

big small town

So, tonight was the Starbucks Annual Holiday Cheer Party, and being the addict I am, I headed over (post-nap) for the free beverages, and to meet people and chat and all that.
And, of course, I walk in the door and see someone I know from another context. Joel, a radiosalesman from the office. Apparently, his wife works at the local Starbucks. She, of course, recognized me as being a regular. Strangely, she's one of the ones I always prefer not to get - she has a brittle smile, and wears the wrong makeup for her age. But, hey. I work with her husband.
I got to chatting with him and her, and ended up chatting with this very nice girl my age whose fiancee manages the local *$s. We exchanged numbers, and I invited them to come out to the D&Z live radio event tomorrow.
Oh, and I got a call today from a boy. For reals. But I haven't called him back yet.
I didn't meet any boys at the Starbucks event. But I did possibly make a friend, so that's something.
Oh, and when I went to Wild Oats for my smoothie today, and the nice fella in the juice bar recognized me, and gave me a smile. Makes a person feel good. And there was a 5 for $3 sale on my favorite brand of yogurt, Stonyfield Farms.
So, that was cool.

The other day, I bought cassettes for my microcassette recorder, so I am recording my thoughts in the car again. At some point, I'll transcribe some of them. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger alicia said...

they've opened up a Starbucks that is actually on my way home from work - and they are promising the Concord store for the spring.....
Now there are 5 real ones in all of NH (and the quasi ones in the Barnes and Nobles)
life is tough for addicts here.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jess jess.. check it out http://www.nhpr.org/node/9563

Sunday, December 04, 2005 4:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jess jess.. check it out http://www.nhpr.org/node/9563

Sunday, December 04, 2005 4:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home