Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Scranton, PA (and the surrounding area)

It's actually impressive how true to Scranton The Office (NBC, not BBC) is. Every week I notice another small detail that shows that either someone is from there, or they did some really good research.

Last week, it was that Jan was staying at the Radisson (which is the converted train station, and one of the few nice hotels in Scranton proper). Also, they were meeting with a Lackawanna County commissioner (or councilman, I can't remember) to work on a contract.

From yesterday's ep (which I'm just now watching today), there is a FROGGY 101 sticker. Which is a big radio station there. It's an entercomm station, and I met McFly (a producer / on-air guy) from there when I went to this morning radio convention back in August.

I'll just keep on noting the little things as I see them....

Previously, B and I noticed the mention of two of the big Catholic high schools in the area. They've mentioned the mining tour, and showed the same brochure on TV that I had from my travels. They've even had the area codes and stuff right.

Little things, really.... But I dated someone for 2 1/2 years from the area, and finally visited this past may-june, so I've had a little exposure to the whole deal.

(and, on another flash on B, President Bush spoke in Wilkes-Barre the other day - I heard it on The Daily Show, and it made me laugh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home