Sunday, October 02, 2005

I don't need a man to wire things for me

I've fixed my DVD problem. Hooked the wires up in the proper fashion (thank god for the schematic on the timewarnercable website), then figured out that the screen roll was a setting problem (it was set on PAL, the Euro standard, and needed to be on NTSC, the North American standard).

For over 2 years, since I was given this DVD player as a "thank you" by B & D for helping them move from their shared apartment to D's house, I have been unable to make the DVD player work properly. I had asked B to help me wire it properly, and especially since I moved to this apartment. But it never happened.

Until now. I actually did it all by myself. I had to shift the wires around a few times, move the entertainment unit and get covered in the dust that hides behind things you don't dare look behind.

"All by myself, I did it alone. Well, why not?"
(it's a sesame street song from when I was a kid)

Oh, and who knew that this DVD player that came from Sam's Club was as cool as it is? It plays, as stated above, both US and Euro DVDs (which means I can feed by Brit-com and Brit-drama addictions quite freely), as well as CDs and other self-recorded discs. Pretty cool.

I will survive! I can take care of myself. I don't need a man to help me buy cables, or connect them. And now I have a working DVD player, all the better to watch Netflix with.

(10 pm Car Alarmn guy came home early tonight. It's not quite 9 pm. calling it an early Sunday, I guess.)

'bout time for Footballers' Wives. ta ra for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home