Thursday, June 01, 2006

This blog today brought to you by the letter "C" and the number 10

My mom had this posted on her blog:

Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why. Pass out letters to those who want to play along.
Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter.

My mom assigned me the letter "C" (I think, because of my middle names and the fact that I had the "C is for cookie" by Cookie Monster album when I was a child)

Cookie - that's good enough for me, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C!

Catholic - the religion of my upbringing (big C) and my current outlook on religion (little C).

Cats - the pets of my childhood, and the animal I'm most allergic to in adulthood. And, of course they know I'm allergic, and want to love up on me.

Committed - to my family, to my job, to those things which are most important to me. (and, in some ways, committed, as in mental)

Chatty - or "communicative" or "talky" or "gabby" or "talkative" or "jess could talk both ears off a deaf mute".

Caring - sometimes I care too much. I fall in love (like) fast, and hard. I worry about my friends and family. I used to really care what others think about and of me, but I'm much better at that now.

Cerebral - I overthink things, and live in my head. Which I guess is a little surprising in that I talk so much. Really, though, only about 1/3 of what I think actually travels from my brain to my lips... which means there is a terrifying amount of stuff going on in my head.

C-curve - something I've been working on since I started Pilates. It indicates my work on my body and soul by pursuing an athletic / fitness activity for the first time in years.

Coffee - or, more specifically, espresso. Specifically, Starbucks, a place in which I have found great comfort, good beverages, and, at one point, employment. Also in the beverage category, chai, now with soy.

cute - because I'm short and peppy.

clever - 'cause I'm smart and stuff... and can write and be funny... :)

C words I don't want to be: condescending, callous, coy, conniving, crackheaded, cheap, craven, cowardly, criminal, crass, crappy, cheesy, cross, clueless, classless, caustic.

(this took me 4 days. I had to let the hamsters run on it a little bit to come up with all the words.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some pretty good words there, Jess. I'm going to have to give this one a try myself once the weekend ends. (Graduation season: anyone remember the madness and exhaustion that resulted from going from commencement to commencement? Welcome to June.)

Friday, June 02, 2006 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Hi Jess. I found your blog by way of Bean's, I hope you don't mind my dropping by. I liked the list of words you came up with - very creative.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home