Tuesday, October 04, 2005

caring and chanting

you spend a few years caring about someone else, how they feel, what they care about, and you can't just turn it off.
and I know (from our friends) that B was hurting.
and, I miss him... i miss hanging out with him... I still grab my phone in the car to call him, and then fight the urge to call.
so, I have to keep chanting to myself, I'm doing this for my own good. be strong. i have to remember that breaking up with him, and getting over it, is what will make it possible to find another better person. someone who wants to admit he's my boyfriend.
hell, the office (US) is on... and it's set in Scranton, and he's from Scranton area, and I've been to Scranton.
i've been thinking, and reading, and making notes on every scrap of paper as to what I'm thinking.
I still feel a bit of a narcissist, but it's a necessary evil in this situation.
Honestly, I've been writing this to keep from calling everyone all the time and blabbing on and on...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious: why is it wrong to reach out to your friends and just talk? It seems like the most natural thing to do under the circumstances.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger jess said...

it isn't wrong at all... it's just that most of my local friends are caught in the middle of the situation, being friends with both of us. my friends in other cities have kids, husbands, lives, and I don't want to monopolize all their time (which I have been with jen, to a major degree). my siblings are there, but the ones that care and have time are on the west coast, 2 hours difference. And, it's breakup time for the siblings - my brother marc is also recently broke up, but he's got tons of friends he can actually HANG OUT WITH and get out of the house. that's the most desparate thing about this - not able to get out of the house with other people.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry sometimes that i left you alone in memphis, between the dying and unnoticed, and the no one to go out and rant with. all this and i'm finally old enough that we could actually go to bars and i could mock the guys with you :(

Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home