Monday, October 03, 2005

Asked myself out for a date

Boom boom, ain't it great to be crazy?
Boom boom, ain't it great to be nuts like you?
Silly and foolish all day long
Boom boom, ain't it great to be crazy!

Called myself up on the phone
Just to hear my golden tone
Asked myself out for a date
Picked me up at half past eight.

Boom boom...

Took myself to the picture show
Sat right down in the very first row
Put my arms around my waist
Got so fresh I slapped my face

Boom boom...

this is a portion of a "camp song" I learned in Scouts. It's also how I felt on Saturday night.

Saturday, after Pilates, I came back home and attempted the DVD player again... a little bit. But mostly I just hung out around the house in pajamas watching TV. Finally convinced myself to take a shower around 5 pm, and was debating whether to go Target or go see a sneak preview of a movie I wantd to see. When I got out of the shower, it was POURING down rain, and I don't like driving in the rain, especially the pouring rain. Plus, I didn't feel like going out by myself, I couldn't get my local friends to take my calls, and I really wanted to call B. But I didn't.
I called Jen and she convinced me to leave the house, whether it was going to Target (by myself, something I have to get used to again) or going to the movie sneak. I decided to try the movie sneak, and if it was sold out, to head to Target.

The movie sneak wasn't sold out, so I was in to see "In her Shoes" a week before it 'really' comes out. I had read the book by Jennifer Weiner a few years ago (long enough ago that when my sister lived with me 2 years ago, she read my copy). I thought the casting was pretty great (Toni Collette, Cameron Diaz, Shirley MacLaine), and the movie was pretty faithful to the book. It's a total chick flick, about sisterhood and friendship, and not a romance, so it's an okay movie to see at this time. I treated myself to some movie snacks (a kids tray of popcorn, cherry coke, and a snack size pack of peanut m&ms. I sat by myself in the front row (it was a packed house), and had a thoroughly good time. In my own company. As a treat to myself, I went to the Ben & Jerry's that recently opened in the same shopping center as the movie theater.

I got myself a small scoop of a new flavor:
The Last Straw - Strawberry Ice Cream with a Fudge Truffle Swirl and Strawberry-Fudge Chunks
It was quite YUMMY. In college I had a fondness for the pints of the B&J Strawberry Ice Cream, which was a rare flavor to find.

Oh, and they have other new flavors you need to watch out for
these you might be able to find in pints
Marsha Marsha Marshmallow™ - Chocolate Ice Cream with Fudge Chunks & Toasted Marshmallow & Graham Cracker Swirls
The Gobfather™ - Chocolate Ice Cream with Fudge Covered Almonds & a Nougat Swirl
Dublin Mudslide - Irish Cream Liqueur Ice Cream with Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Coffee Fudge Swirl

these are only in the Scoop Stores
Apple-y Ever After™ - Brown Sugar Ice Cream with a Ginger-Caramel Swirl and Apples
Chocolate Therapy™ - Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookies & Swirls of Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream
Fossil Fuel™ - Sweet Cream Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Pieces, Fudge Dinosaurs and a Fudge Swirl
In A Crunch™ - Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Fudge Covered Peanuts & a Crispy Fudge Swirl
Triple Caramel Chunk - Caramel Ice Cream with a Swirl of Caramel & Fudge Covered Caramel Chunks

Anyway, enough about Ice Cream... just thought y'all should know about these other wonderful flavors.
Now, I'm hungry - and thirsting for a coffee. Jim whats-his-face on Food Network's "The Secret Life of..." is talking about coffee, and is right now at Starbucks in Seattle. He's goofing off making drinks at the training center in Seattle, and I'm jonesing to be in the apron and behind the counter again.

TTFN, I need to go to bed. I didn't really get a good nap today, and i'm flagging. I need to read a little more, get to sleep, and start another day of work. I did, today, make myself a nice supper. And yesterday, I did too. Good on ME. I'm trying to take care of myself best I can.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well my jessjess, if joo want to go back to the starbucks, i say go for it, after all, havent you been harassing me to pursue something that i enjoy doing instead of the McD's? *poke-prod*

Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home