Monday, January 23, 2006

my weird habits

this came to me from my friend, Frank Murphy.

Here's his description of the task:
I guess this is the blog version of a chain letter.
Somebody tagged me and now I'm tagging you.
When you get time post your weird habits on your blog.

The meme challenges you to list five of your weird habits. Frank listed ten.

I guess he knows I'm weird. Actually, I saw part of the MTV "True Life" special on OCD, and found some similarities between those clinical people and quirky things I do...

Herewith, a list (in no particular order) of some of my quirks:

1) When I get a cup of coffee from Starbucks, the logo on the sleeve has to line up with the hole in the lid. Sometimes, I even line up the sleeve with the cup (custom boxes aligned) and then fix the lid.
2) I have to eat snack foods in a certain manner / order. For instance, Gummi Bears have to be eaten feet first, then arms, then head. And I always have to have one of each color left in the bottom of the bag.
3) I often interject myself into strangers' conversations with a tidbit of information on the topic they were discussing. (I share this habit with Frank; I used a habit he listed.)
4) I find myself straightening out place settings for other people - putting the cutlery, napkins and such in the order I was raised to think is proper.
5) There is a correct order of food on my plate, especially at traditional meals such as Thanksgiving. The proper flavor mixing must occur.
6) At this point in time, I have over 40 bars of soap, unopened, in a drawer. I like natural, handmade soaps, and are given them as gifts. I also buy them at fairs. I have natural, non-handmade scented soaps I have been given. And, my friend who works at a dermatologists office gets me sample sizes of Dove for Sensitive Skin.
7) I tear the sniffy pages out of magazines as I'm reading them. Then they get stacked up in a pile in my bedroom. I use some for fragrance (under the couch and in closets and in luggage that is being stored). Even still, I have approximately two years worth in a stack (over 100 pages).
8) I keep treats (candy, cookies, etc) far too long. I just threw out a pack of Peeps Christmas Trees I bought my first Christmas here, in 2002. I have an Easter Chocolate bunny that is 2 or 3 years old.


This was terrifyingly easy to complete. I have capped out the list at eight to keep from searching for further quirks. You are supposed to "tag" other people with these - I'll pick Jen, Nicole, Victoria, Tonya, and Mom.

2 Comments:

Blogger alicia said...

here it is

Monday, January 23, 2006 4:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh OH! i want to play.
1. When I'm working at the coffee stand, the cups must be organized by sizes.. not ounces; when I put them in the cupboard, the tallest stack in the back to the smallest in the front.
2. All the silverware in the slots in the holder must have the same pattern.. the non matchy ones live in the back in whats the big spoon slot at Parents house. (Having no teaspoons the big spoons live in their rightful home.)
3. I cannot buy new pants until I find some just like the ones I'm wearing now.. I bought one pair before moving out here, and another pair the september before last.. they're getting sad and ratty.. BUT THEY ARE PERFECT. I know its sick.
3. Just like mom, all glasses must live upside down, the tall glasses must be in rows of three, the smaller (wider) glasses in rows of two. Steves Monopoly McD's glasses hide where they dont get seen.
4. I have blue glass plates and glasses, and little plates, and I must use matching pieces. MUST. Steve has found this to be quite twitchy.
5. All of my converse must live in the same cubby in my hanging shoe thingy. And the soles of the shoes cant touch the canvas uppers. Ick.
6. When forwarding a clever piece of spam, I have to make it tidy. Edit it, spellcheck, get rid of stupid >> things. Hate them.
Now I feel better proving that Crazy is a familial trait.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home