Monday, April 03, 2006

10 years younger

So, I had a really good weekend... and I'm walking around really happy today. But I don't feel like posting about it, 'cause I don't like to jinx things.

So, instead, I thought y'all might appreciate seeing something really funny. Me, just under 10 years ago.



These photos were emailed to me (last year) by my good friend in LA, Juan. Juan and I worked together at a now-defunct company called Virgin Sound and Vision. I was a temp, part-time college student receptionist (this was during my last semester of college, and first few months out). Juan was a temp executive assistant, who I somehow stayed friends with lo these 10 years. Funny how life works.



These pictures were all taken on the same day. Juan scanned them in recently. The thing is, I don't what the occasion was - juan's going-away gathering, my graduation, my going-away gathering.



I hope Juan doesn't mind me posting these.

It's funny, really, because I've been saying to some of my friends that I think I am better looking now, at 31, than I was at 21. And these are pictures of that age. And I think I'm right. And it's not just that I have a little more sense of how to dress for my height / body type. And it's not that I have a better hairstyle ('cause that one is pretty cute, even if it is a little too brown for my current tastes). And it's not that I'm thinner now (I'm not, but I am fitter, and that one is an on-going proccess).

The real reason is I have confidence and experience and wisdom, which you don't have at 21. You have youth, but if you don't know what to do with youth when you're young (which I didn't), you have to wait until you have wisdom and knowledge and an understanding of who you are (and aren't) and what you will and won't stand. And then you can be a true hottie!

2 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Hey! I remember that girl!!! You were cute then and you are very attractive now, experience and all.

Monday, April 03, 2006 5:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, you have always been a 'hottie,' and you always will be. I am just glad that you are opening yourself up to that fact for everyone to see.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home