Friday, February 10, 2006

Snowing in Memphis

It's snowing in Memphis. It has been for about 2 hours.
The snow started before 2pm, but it wasn't sticking at first. I couldn't leave work today until after I finished some production work, and I was rushing that the best I could. B called me at about 2:20 to let me know it was sticking in Midtown, and that the roads and traffic were starting to get bad. I debated traveling home on the interstate (not a highway, a low-way) or on the main cross-town street, Poplar. After consulting with co-workers, I decided on I-240, as the risk of stop-and-go braking accidents would be less on the expressway.
I left my office a few minutes before 3. There was approx 2 or 3 inches of snow on my car - roof, front windshield, rear windshield. Scraped it & defrosted before I set off. It took me 40 minutes to travel 15 miles, going 30-40 mph, and watching idiots speed by me. There is snow on the ground, snow on roofs, and still hunks of snow on my car.
My cel phone (the only phone I have) is working intermittently. I am posting this to let y'all know I am okay, the Internets and the cable are working, and I am in for the night. The bookstore did NOT need me to come in, thank the stars.
Apparently, this time the weather guys were right.
oh, and Memphis cannot drive in bad weather. For Pete's sake, people, slow the F down. You may drive a truck, but that just means I'll be more damaged when you skid out and crash into my little Toyota.
I'm eating some Post Raisin Bran, and will more than likely make a little hot cocoa later, maybe some soup. It's cold, it's snowy, and I'm in on another Friday night.
Oh, and I had wanted to bake, but I have only 2 eggs, and no Crisco. So, that's out for tonight. ACH, well.

3 Comments:

Blogger alicia said...

thanks for posting this. hope that today is better. we're bracing for a storm that is supposed to come in some time tonight. B has my car - today is the last two shows of Oklahoma - Matinee at 1 PM and last show at 7:30 with cast party to follow. We told her that if weather is bad, to spend the night with her friends at the cast party. your dad's addiction to the weather channel is kicking in big time.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Welcome to my world...how you liking it?

Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jessica! love your blog and will be making it a must for future reading. Okay, i just died over www.angryalien.com. I'm passing the word along with gusto.
Love,
Erin

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home